Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Memaw's SURPRISE 80th Birthday Party!!!

Oh my gosh... our Memaw is the cutest thing ever!!! She was so surprised to see all of us down in Beaumont. I love her so much and it was worth it to miss the Prom to go to her birthday party... these are "my kids" too! The ones I've had since they were freshmen. These are the kids who have grown up with me; I had them for two years in a row. So they were a little disappointed in me, but they know I love them! :) Ms. Parker Austin bailed me out of doing pictures... good job, by the way, Catherieeee!

Memaw thought she was going out to eat with Uncle Kenny and Aunt Beverly... little did she know we had all travelled miles and miles to surprise her at a very colorfully decorated party on Kenny and Beverly's beautiful back porch. We came from all over: Jalee and Chris as well as my bunch from Tyler, Sheila from Dallas, Sharon flew in from Georgia, Jeff and Karen from Austin, Sarah (now on her way back to Hawaii), Jarrod's group with Nanna and Big Daddy from closer to Sour Lake, Dustin from Huntsville, and... Sean & Susann via webcam from Germany!

We spent the day having briskett with lots of yummy sides and yummy drinks. Aunt Sheila showed her the picture slideshow of her life set to the song, "Hey, Good Lookin'... Watcha' Got Cookin" as well as the awesome photo book she made from her childhood to know. Memaw and Papaw just LOVED those! :) After presents and cake we all spent hours visiting and listening to old stories and jokes... we have the funniest, most loving, most adorable grandparents to ever walk this planet!!! It was a special weekend and I know Memaw felt very blessed to have all of her loved ones all around her!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics!! i loved being there for her birthday. I'm still sad that i missed her being surprised. :( i am not so much liking that picture you have up of chris and i though. chase doesn't look happy, either! lol, love you!!

Cristie :) said...

Yep...she's the cutest thing ever! I'm glad you're able to visit family on such important times in life. ALWAYS take advantage of them and soak in every minute! There will always be another prom or another dance...very another priceless moment with a Memaw! :)

Amanda said...

How sweet of you guys! Wow, she looks great for 80! And your family is gorgeous as usual!